The Spirit of Christ builds Habitat Home #18
Join us this fall as we begin construction our 18th Christ Church Habitat Home! Please stop by our Habitat for Humanity table in the Gathering Hall or FLC Lobby to sign up. No experience necessary! Whether you already know construction, are willing to learn, want to serve lunch, help greet/sign in or would just like to deliver ice and water to our thirsty workers, we need everyone's hands to complete this mission. You may also sign up by emailing Mike McGee at email@example.com.
Needville Home is complete!
A small, but valiant team of Habitat Supervisors worked during the hot summer hours to give Gloria and her two foster sons a place to call home.
To see our pics of her new Needville home - click here!
CHECK OUT THE THESE GREAT PICS OF A HOME #17 BUILT WITH CHRIST'S LOVE...click here!
You can sign up to join the Habitat Team for the next build by contacting Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to help fund our Habitat Home builds, please click here and select ‘Missions Donations’ and type ‘Habitat’ in the memo line.
General Information about a Habitat Home
• Christ Church works in conjunction with Fort Bend Habitat to build a Habitat for Humanity home for a qualified family.
• Habitat’s philosophy is “hands up, not a hand out.”
• Volunteers from Christ Church work alongside the recipient of the home.
• The family must perform 300 “sweat equity” hours.
• If you know of a family that may qualify, encourage them to apply by contacting Habitat at 281.403.0708 or completing the Pre-Application.
It takes $70,000 to cover the costs of constructing a Habitat for Humanity home
• Donations made directly to Fort Bend Habitat for Humanity (link to FBHabitat website) can be earmarked to Christ Church SL
• Double your donation by checking with your Human Resource Department to see if your company participates in a matching program
• In-kind donations are always accepted. This includes: concrete, paint, electrical or plumbing services, air conditioning, heating units and landscaping supplies
• If you have friends or family members in the home-building industry let them know about this opportunity to donate extra materials. If you prefer, give us their names and we can contact them.
Home #16 Completed
Habitat for Humanity Team completes Christ Church’s 16th Habitat Home!
|We rejoiced with Janay's Family for a dedication service (and cake!) as they took possession of their new home! God and the team built a beautiful home together!
After volunteers had left, Janay continued watering the grass and flower beds. As she and Bob Ayers talked, she surveyed the yard of her new home, her smile spoke louder than any words could have. She was so happy and is eager to make this house their home.
Check out the pics of Christ Church in action...Click here for photos
• Contact Volunteer Coordinator Mike McGee to sign up and be a part of the email blast
What to Expect
• Saturdays 8am – 4pm or as long as you can stay
• Only work the days when you can
• No experience necessary; just a willingness to learn
• Tasks include:
> Hands on construction
> Serving snacks/lunch - Contact Lisa at email@example.com
• Must be 16 or older
• All volunteers must complete a Waiver of Liability form