A Basketball League for Kindergarten – 6th Grade!
Upward Basketball is designed to build athletic skills, character, confidence, and spirit. It provides a great experience that grows with young athletes over time by using an age appropriate format. Christ church is currently making plans for our fifth season of Upward Basketball this fall! Due to the changing circumstances surrounding the Covid pandemic, we are taking extra time to be sure to offer Upward at Christ Church in the best way for all.
2021-2022 Christ Church Upward Basketball Season
Evaluations: Oct 23 or 30 *
|Nov 30-Dec 1||Dec 4|
|Dec 7-9||Dec 11|
|Jan 4-6||Jan 8|
|Jan 11-13||Jan 15|
|Jan 18-20||Jan 22|
|Feb 1-3||Feb 5|
|Feb 8-10||Feb 12|
* Exact time of evaluations will be sent out closure to actual date, though it will be in 10AM - 3PM time range
- Each division will have it’s own practice night, either Tue, Wed, or Thur. 2 teams practice at same time for 1 hour. Which night each division will practice will be based on coach availability.
- If for some reason practice night is held on a night you can not support, we will issue a refund if you would need to withdraw from the league.
Early registration discount if before 10/9/2021
If interested in coaching or refereeing on weekly basis, contact Brandon Sisley to receive a discount for player registration.
|Division||Court Size||Game Format||Goal Height||Ball Size||Score Kept||Rules|
|K5||Short Court||Six 4 min periods, running clock||7 ft||Size 4-25.5"||No||Level 1|
|1-2 Grade||Short Court||Six 6 min periods, running clock||8 ft||Size 4-25.5"||No||Level 2|
|3-4 Grade||Full Court||Six 6 min periods, running clock||9 ft||Size 6-28.5" (Women's Ball)||Yes||Level 3|
|5-6 Grade||Full Court||Four 6 min quarters, clock stops on whistle||7 ft||Size 7-29.5" (Men's Ball)||Yes||Level 4|
Frequently Asked Questions
Address: 3300 Austin Parkway Sugar Land, TX 77479
The general league calendar and schedule is below. See Important Dates section for exact dates for this season. We normally play 8 games, practice for a couple of weeks beforehand, and break for Thanksgiving week and 3 weeks of Christmas and New Years.
- Aug - October: Registrations
- Mid-late October: Evaluations
- Mid-November: Weekday Practice Only
- Break for Thanksgiving Week
- 1st 2 weeks of December: Weekday Practice and Saturday Games
- 3 Week Christmas / New Years Break
- 6 Weeks Jan - Mid Feb: Weekday Practice and Saturday Games
Practices have historically been held on Tues or Thurs, but Wed maybe an option based on coaches as player availability. Two teams practice at the same time, each getting a half court to practice on. There are also multiple waves of practices a night. The K5 division does not practice during the week but has practice time before their game on Saturday.